Our thrilling tale of the BIONICLE continues…
The Age of Advancement (60000 YA - 30000 YA) [5833 YA - 2500 YA]: In this age, the Brotherhood of Makuta rose to the occasion of enforcing order in the universe, and successfully stabilized all but the most dangerous regions. This allowed for a scientific advancement across the universe… and on Destral.
* 60000 YA [5000 YA]: The Order of Mata Nui brings about the Time Slip.
* 30000+ YA [2500+ YA]: The Makuta mutate themselves into gaseous lifeforms; subsequently, the Brotherhood begins a covert genocide of all Toa of Iron and Magnetism, due to the threats their powers pose to their new armor.
The Age of Adventure (30000 YA - 15000 YA) [2500 YA - 1250 YA]: Not unlike the age before it, this age was relatively peaceful. However, it did see a rise in dangerous Rahi attacks and Dark Hunter crimes, necessitating the acts of courageous Toa teams. This age gave rise to the thrilling career of Toa Dume and provided a wealth of new recruits to the Dark Hunters, as all citizens were encouraged to seek out their own destinies.
* 17000 YA [1416 YA]: Toa Dume saves the life of a Ta-Matoran crafter, Lhikan.
* 15000 YA [1250 YA]: Dume achieves his destiny, gives up his Toa power, and becomes Turaga of Metru Nui.
The Age of Strife (15000 YA - 3000 YA) [1250 YA - 250 YA]: This age marked the rise of the Dark Hunters as a universal power. As they established footholds in regions across the universe, the Shadowed One became prideful, and sought a base in Metru Nui. This could only lead to war.
* A secret alliance of Toa creates the Makoki Stone and places it in a fortress under heavy guard.
* The Dark Hunters kidnap Toa Varian and claim her as a trophy for the Shadowed One.
* 7005 YA [584 YA]: Lhikan becomes a Toa; Dume is somehow responsible.
* 7000 YA [583 YA]: The Makoki Fortress falls to Frostelus, and the Makoki Stone is stolen by the Dark Hunters.
* Metru Nui undergoes a technological revolution, refining its systems of transport, defense, and law enforcement.
* 5000 YA [416 YA]: Zaktan leads a failed rebellion against the Shadowed One.
* 4000 YA [333 YA]: Dark Hunters loose the Kanohi Dragon on Metru Nui, but the Toa Mangai are formed to combat the threat.
* 3500 YA [291 YA]: Toa Mangai Tuyet turns traitor, and the Toa Mangai battle for the Nui Stone.
* 3000 YA [250 YA]: After millennia of brewing tensions, the Toa/Dark Hunter War erupts, culminating in Toa Mangai Nidhiki’s betrayal and exile.
The Time of Twilight (3000 YA - 1000 YA) [250 YA - 84 YA]: This was the age in which the Brotherhood’s evil agenda became more clear to the Toa and the Order of Mata Nui. It also saw a general decline across the universe, as the Brotherhood began to pay less attention to preserving order and more to their own ambition.
* 2500 YA [208 YA]: Makuta Kojol raids Artakha and steals the Kanohi Avohkii; as a response, the Order of Mata Nui eliminates all who know the location of Artakha, save its residents.
* The Brotherhood secretly creates the Fohrok, but their effort fails.
* 1300 YA [108 YA]: Teridax’s Toa Hagah rebel and steal the Kanohi Avohkii, but are mutated into Rahaga by Roodaka.
* Metru Nui archivists conduct a top-secret study of the First Rahi, but find the beasts too dangerous to contain; Mavrah helps them escape the city.
* 1100 YA [91 YA]: Fearing discovery by Mata Nui, Teridax unleashes his virus on Mata Nui, then impersonates Turaga Dume and sends the Toa Mangai to their deaths.
The Dark Time (1001 YA - 1 YA) [84 YA - 1 YA]: The worst age yet, this was a time of war and strife across the universe, all the result of Teridax’s strike against Mata Nui. As the Great Spirit’s health deteriorated, so did order and law on all the lands.
* 1001 YA [84 YA]: Teridax brings about the Great Cataclysm, putting Mata Nui to sleep and wrecking much of the universe.
* 1001 YA [84 YA]: Voya Nui breaks off of the Southern Continent, and the Pit spills into the Black Waters.
* 1001 YA [84 YA]: Teridax summons the Visorak horde to occupy Metru Nui, but the Toa Metru repel the horde and ferry the Matoran of Metru Nui out of the known universe.
* 1001 YA [84 YA]: Makuta Icarax leads a brief conquest of the universe, but is stopped by Teridax.
* 1001 YA [84 YA]: The Dark Hunters go to war with the Brotherhood of Makuta.
* 900 YA [75 YA]: The Matoran of Voya Nui build the village of Mahri Nui.
* 500 YA [41 YA]: A squid attacks Ga-Koro; Visorak attack Metru Nui; and a hurricane descends on Voya Nui.
* 300 YA [25 YA]: Mahri Nui breaks off of Voya Nui, causing its surviving residents to lose their memories and smashing Ehlek’s fortress in the process.
* 250 YA [20 YA]: Zaktan discovers the contents of Teridax’s plan.
* 1 YA [1 YA]: Takua calls the Toa Mata to the island of Mata Nui.
The New Age (1 YA - onwards) [1 YA - onwards]: This age does not belong to the Matoran Universe; it will be lived on Spherus Magna, in the paradise to which Mata Nui and his people finally returned after 100,000 years of chaos, order, strife, peace, advancement, and regression.
* 1 YA [1 YA]: The Toa Mata arrive, defeat Teridax, and lead the Matoran back to Metru Nui.
* Mata Nui dies, but is revived by the sacrifice of Toa Mahri Matoro.
* The Order of Mata Nui reveals itself and goes to war with the Brotherhood of Makuta, successfully eradicating much of that organization.
* The Toa Nuva reawaken Mata Nui, and Teridax takes control of the universe, exiling Mata Nui in the Kanohi Ignika.
* Teridax travels to Bara Magna and confronts Mata Nui, but is killed in the ensuing struggle, rendering the universe uninhabitable and necessitating a mass immigration to the new planet of Spherus Magna.